The Truth About Affiliate Marketing Myths


Affiliate marketing isn’t as tough as you think it is. But many new affiliates who enter the industry every now and then fall for myths and misconceptions and end up making mistakes. You can keep believing what you want or you can read this article and discover the truth about affiliate marketing.

Myth #1: It takes a lot of time to actually maintain and take care of affiliate pages or blogs

All you have to do is update your site and readers with new content once in a while, and that only takes a few minutes. For example, if you create a blog post promoting an eBook on dog training and wrote a few articles or blog posts on the subject matter that sends in regular traffic. Your site can almost run itself once it is up and running, and you won‘t have to worry about adding new content. However, you still have to take care of external factors such as link building and SEO so that you don’t lose your site ranking in the search engines.

Myth #2:  There is just too much competition to deal with

This is false. Not only is there room for current marketers but for plenty of new ones too. Even a product whose stats shows that it has a thousand affiliates is still not as competitive as you may think. Most may sign up affiliates to promote a product but they never do any work to make sells. In other words, 95% of the affiliates don’t make any money or just earn a small income, while the remaining 5% takes home the moolah. However, if you are still scared then you can choose a product or niche that has less “competition.”

Myth #3: Average people will find it hard to get started

If you look closely you will find that affiliate marketing doesn’t require any special skills. It can be a relatively easy way to generate money without having to worry about a day job. If you’re willing to put in a bit of work and time to set it all up, then anyone can succeed with affiliate marketing. The key to success is to be patient while your marketing business expands and persevere when things seem quiet. There are many average people from average backgrounds, even college dropouts, who have made it big with affiliate marketing. As long as you have the desire to succeed and the patience to get it running, you can accomplish anything.

Author Bio:

I love all things search and digital marketing. I eat data for breakfast!

One thought on “The Truth About Affiliate Marketing Myths”

  1. I think affiliate marketing itself isn’t tough, but the amount of traffic and eventual sales needed to earn something from it can be substantial. Also it is important to note that the more you become affiliated the less independent you become, downgrading credibility, which could cost a lot of visitors on the long term, especially with blogs. A combination of normal cpc/cpm ads, affiliate content and own products to sell is ideal.
    Rowan Gonzalez recently posted…Google Provides Further Details On Project LoonMy Profile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

CommentLuv badge